but in germany the weather is too good for playing games at home
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open source games are computer games assembled out of, and are themselves, open-source software and open content. For freely available games without or with a partial public license, see List of freeware games.
|0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
A screenshot of Alien Arena
- Abuse is a side-scrolling action game by Crack dot Com.
- Adventure is the original text adventure game by Crowther and Woods.
- Alien Arena is a free standalone deathmatch game based on the id software source code.
- Allegiance is a multiplayer, online-only RTS/SpaceCombat hybrid originally developed by Microsoft Research.
- Anagramarama is a word game where the player forms as many words as possible with the available letters in a given time period
- Armagetron Advanced is a multiplayer, 3D Tron lightcycle racing game.
- Attal: Lords of Doom is a 3D turn-based strategy game.
- Battle for Wesnoth is an open-source strategy game with RPG elements resembling the Battle Isle series.
- Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid is a platform game.
- Bygfoot is a soccer management game.
- BZFlag is a free multiplayer multiplatform 3D tank battle game.
Screenshot of C-evo
- C-evo is an empire-building game for Windows.
- Crack Attack! is a free OpenGL game based on Tetris Attack.
- Crimson Fields is a tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle.
- Crossfire is an open-source MMORPG.
- Cuyo is a free Puyo Puyo clone.
- CrystalCore is an Open Source, First Person Shooter.
- Darwinbots is an artificial life simulator.
- Dnafight is a programming game.
- Daimonin is a 2D fantasy MMORPG.
Screenshot of FreeCol
- FlightGear is an open-source, multi-platform flight simulator.
- Freeciv is a clone of Civilization II.
- FreeCol is a remake of Colonization (similar to Civilization).
- Freedroid RPG is an isometric RPG starring Tux the Penguin in a Diablo/Fallout inspired adventure.
- FreeOrion is a multiplayer, turn-based strategy computer game, inspired by the Master of Orion series.
- Freespace is a space simulation computer game series.
- Frets on Fire is a PC & Linux game based on Guitar Hero.
- Frozen Bubble is a “shoot the bubbles”—type game.
GNU Chess 4.2.7
- GearHead is a open-source mecha roguelike.
- Glest is a cross-platform RTS.
- Globulation 2 is a cross-platform RTS.
- GLtron is a light cycle racing game.
- GNU Chess is a chess program. Xboard (a.k.a. Winboard) is an open-source front-end for it.
- GNU Go is a free program that plays the game of Go.
- Gusanos is a clone of Liero.
- HoverRace is an online multiplayer hovercraft racing game that was once shareware.
- Several games are included in KDE; for instance:
Screenshot of Lincity-NG
- LinCity-NG is a city building game like SimCity.
- Liquid War is a realtime competitive game based on directing liquid particles around a complex environment.
- NetHack is a roguelike RPG.
- Netrek, is a multiplayer hybrid shooter and real time strategy game.
- Nexuiz is a multiplayer first person shooter.
Screenshot of OpenArena
- OpenArena is a first-person shooter based on the Quake 3 engine.
- Open Quartz is a first-person shooter based on the Quake engine.
- OpenTTD is an open-source port of Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
- Pingus is a real-time puzzle game inspired by Lemmings.
- Project: Starfighter is a two-dimensional, non-linear space shooter with an intricate plot.
- PySol is a card based game with many features.
- Rocks’n'Diamonds is an open-source, cross-platform, arcade game that contains the clones of Boulder Dash, Emerald Mine, Supaplex and Sokoban.
- Rogue is the very first computer RPG.
Screenshot of Scorched 3D
- Sauerbraten is a modern multiplayer first person shooter.
- Scorched 3D is a game based on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth.
- Slash’EM is a branch of NetHack.
- Solarwolf is a 2d action arcade game.
- Sopwith is a side-scrolling shoot-’em-up.
- Stendhal is an open-source multiplayer online adventure game (MMORPG) using the Arianne framework.
- StepMania is a simulator of dance games, mainly Dance Dance Revolution.
- SuperTux is a classic 2D jump and run game.
- Sokoban 3D is a 3D version of the classic puzzle game Sokoban.
Screenshot of Tile World
- TEG (Tenés Empanadas Graciela) is an open-source Risk-like game.
- Thousand Parsec is a free and open source project with the goal of creating a framework for turn-based space empire building games.
- Tile World is a clone of Chip’s Challenge made by Brian Raiter.
- ToME is an open-source roguelike game based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s work. Single and multiplayer.
- TORCS is an open-source, cross-platform racing car simulator.
- Tremulous is an open-source, cross-platform First-person shooter with some elements of strategy built in.
- TripleA is an Axis & Allies based game.
- Tux Racer is a 3D OpenGL racing game starring the Linux mascot.
- UFO: Alien Invasion is a 3D, turn-based strategy game that pits humans against aliens.
- Ultimate Stunts is a cross-platform, multiplayer clone of the game Stunts.
- UltraStar is a SingStar clone.
- Ur-Quan Masters is the classic Star Control 2 game, re-released under the GPL license.
- Vega Strike is a 3D space shooter/strategy game which combines trading, bounty hunting and exploration.
- Vulture’s Eye & Vulture’s Claw are graphical versions of two roguelike games (NetHack and Slash’EM respectively).
- Warzone 2100 is a RTS very different from the standard C&C or StarCraft approach.
- Widelands is a RTS similar to the Settlers II game.
Screenshot of XEvil
- XBlast is a multiplayer Bomberman-like game.
- XEvil is a 2D side scroller with an excessive amount of violence.
- X-Moto is a 2D motorbike game.
- XPilot is a multiplayer asteroids-like game.
|Contents:||Top – 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|